For 8 people
- 45g Sugar
- 50g egg whites
- 35g egg yolks
- 45g flour
- Beat the egg whites, gradually adding the sugar until fluffy.
- Towards the end of the mixing turn the speed to low
- Add the flour gently.
- Pour the mixture on a plate/baking tray and cook 8-10 minutes in the oven at 200 °c.
CRÈME MOUSSELINE(210g butter Cream + 210g cream patisserie)
For the cream patisserie:
- Crème pâtissière
- 250ml milk
- 1 yolk
- 50g sugar
- 25g custard powder
- ½ vanilla pod
- Heat the milk with the vanilla.
- Beat the egg yolk and sugar together and add in the custard powder.
- When the milk comes to boil add a little bit of the warm milk into the egg sugar mixture mixing well.
- Pour all of the mixture back in the pan and cook until boiling.
- Discard and cover well with a cling film and keep it at room temperature.
For the Butter Cream:
- 125g Sugar
- 1 egg
- 212g of butter
- Put water and sugar to bake at 121°.
- Remove and pour on the beaten egg yolk at full speed.
- Add butter in small pieces until the mixture becomes creamy smooth.
- Mix the custard in a bowl with a whisk and add the butter cream.
- 35g water
- 35g sugar
- 15g brandy raspberry
- Cut the cake into 2 through the middle
- Wet the first piece with the syrup
- Spread a thin layer of cream mousseline about 1/3 on top.
- Wash and remove stems from the strawberries and add them.
- Spread cream again filling the gaps
- Place the second piece of biscuit. Moisten with the rest of syrup
- Smooth with cream and let it firm
- Place almond paste on top which was rolled by a rolling pin, and pour a drop of strawberry jelly.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries